Student/Employer Spring Event – 17th March 2021
We’re pleased to announce that this year’s Tech Industry Gold Student/Employer Spring Event will take place online on 17th March, from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
If you are a Tech Industry Gold student, degree apprentice, or course leader then register here.
This event, held twice a year, brings together Tech Industry Gold students and employers interested in inspiring and spotting the tech talent of the future.
With a world of new realities now emerging, the event will focus on the theme of new realities in how people live, learn and work.
The event will offer speaker panels, alumni insights, networking, and the opportunity to celebrate this year’s Spring Challenge winners – with the competition taking place a week earlier.
- Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM CTO and Master inventor, back by popular demand to give an update on the Mayflower Autonomous Ship, problem solving and innovation
- Wiktoria Kulik, Cloud Foundation Delivery Manager at Fujitsu, who will share her passion and research into sustainable tech and responsible business
- Cécile Babour, Human eXperience Consultant, and Serena Greco, Business Analyst, at TCS, who will look at how corporates can make more sustainable decisions.
On the theme of ‘new realities’, you’ll also hear from tech start-ups that are making headway in emerging technology:
- Post Carbon Lab, founded by Dian-Jen Lin and Hannes Hulstaert, has developed ‘living fabrics that can help clean the air’.
- Project Stealth Tech, founded by Beren Kayali, Lu Ye, Paul Mendieta are ‘pushing the limits of bio-sensing with in-mouth device’
- AppyWay, with CEO and founder Dan Hubert, ‘helping cities thrive from the kerb up’
For a full agenda and more details on the programme, go to www.tpdegrees.com/spring-event-programme
- As a student, you will be able to meet with employers, hear from experts from industry, and network.
- If you are a tech employer wanting to get involved in the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a reminder of what happened at the Autumn Event.
We look forward to seeing you virtually on Wednesday 17th March.
(article first published on 22 January 2021 / updated on 12 March 2021)