Five great reasons to choose tech
It’s the time of year when thousands of GCSE and A-level students across the UK will be making that big decision about their future – what type of careed do I want?
From medic to mechanic, the choices are limitless. But each of these jobs relies on technology and the tech professionals who make every sector in the UK flourish – from the cyber security professionals who keep your bank accounts safe, to the coders who build medical software.
Here are 5 great reasons to choose a career or education in tech.
1. Being a tech professional allows you to work in all industries from the automotive industry to art galleries. Every sector needs digital skills so learning important tech skills, from. Net to digital marketing, means you can work in any are you’re interested in.
2. The average salary for the tech industry is £37,960 compared to the average UK annual salary of £24,960. That’s a 52% increase.
3. The tech industry is growing fast and it shows no sign of slowing down. Last year it grew by 8%, that’s twice the rate of UK industry as a whole.
4. To sustain this growth, the tech sector needs 134,000 new recruits every year – meaning there’ll be no shortage of job roles to fill.
5. Almost three quarters of tech specialists are employed in professional roles compared to 20% of the workforce as a whole.
Contribute to the Tech Partnerships #choosetech social media campaign to raise awareness of tech jobs and tech education in the UK.