IT Developer Role
The IT organisation is transforming the way P&G manages its corporate financials through the implementation of the SAP S/4 HANA Financial platform.
Global and regional financial reporting requirements are being delivered via a reporting factory team to optimize agility, cost per report, throughput and overall user experience through a new reporting modelling toolkit (CDS/HANA Views, BW queries) and UI (Analysis for Office, Lumira 2.0 and Fiori) offered by SAP.
The role of the successful candidate would be to prepare the Physical design based upon Service Management provided requirements and the S/4HANA technical data model. You will develop reports and perform unit testing before sending to project teams and users for validation. As IT developer you will also be responsible to investigate and fix issues found during project testing, as well as prepare documentation and handover to IT operations the finished product.
- Technical skills and aptitude. The candidate should have strong technical skills and the desire to acquire new ones.
- A working knowledge and Experience of Databases / Data Warehouses and SQL language is essential.
- Previous experience in Programming (At least a basic background in programming).
- Problem Solving ability
- Desire to continually learn and the ability adapt to change – As S4/HANA is a new technology for SAP the capabilities and programming languages evolve rapidly, in line with new technology patterns.
- The ability to join forces and collaborate with co-workers and business partners.
- The ability to prioritise their own time.
- Previous SAP background is not required but will consist an advantage
- User Understanding – the candidate should be able to interact with report users to understand their requirements for best user experience. This can be taught if not already possessed.
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: GB-England-Newcastle-upon-Tyne