Lighthouse Graduate Programme
Software Project Engineer
Join us for the Lighthouse Experience – personal development, challenges, team work, training and travel.
Excellent opportunity for high-calibre software development orientated Graduates who are looking to join a Microsoft Gold Partner software company that is able to offer a structured Graduate Training Programme, career development and the opportunity to travel worldwide working with our international customers deploying our solution.
If you are studying an IT related, maths or physics degree, expecting a minimum 2:1, passionate about making a difference, keeping pace with technology and with a proven flair for programming then this could be for you.
“One of the best things about working here is the close team relationship; everyone’s opinion is valued and taken into consideration” – Lighthouse Systems Graduate
- Placement year in industry is highly desirable
- Skills in C# or .Net, although demonstrated Java or C++ experience would be considered
- Sound understanding of database coding, especially writing SQL. An understanding of stored procedure development would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- A long term interest in programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing SQL to implement complex custom reports
- Developing links to factory devices, databases and ERP systems
- Writing stored procedures and C# interface scripts
- Designing and configuring Shopfloor-Online™ solutions
- Making visits around the UK and Worldwide, as part of the on-site delivery and Implementation Team
- Be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Relocation Package
- Free car parking
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave, rising to 25 days with service, plus the usual bank holidays
Lighthouse Systems is perfectly situated between Brighton and London; giving you access to a relaxed cultural city on the coast, and the ever exciting UK Capital, for shopping and nightlife.
We are a specialist Software Development “Microsoft Gold Partner” Company using the latest Microsoft technology in .NET, C#, and SQL Server to develop our globally recognised software product, Shopfloor-Online™. The product is a configurable solution that helps manufacturing companies achieve measurable improvements in efficiency, output, compliance, quality and customer satisfaction.
Lighthouse is one of the world’s leading suppliers of MES Software working with international Companies such as Airbus, United Biscuits, Toyota and Nissan.
Our UK team of Software Engineers and Developers are based at our Head Office in West Sussex and we have offices in the USA, Singapore, Sweden and France. Due to the location of our Head Office and travel for this role a car is essential.
All applicants must be able to prove their right to work in the UK.