North Event 2018 feedback
The feedback we received for the event demonstrates just how valuable the Employer/Student Events continue to be for undergraduates. Many thanks to each and every one of you who was able to attend.
We’re looking forward to planning our South Event in March and hope to have the date and venue confirmed as soon as possible.
Some of the tweets
Comments provided by students through our feedback survey
What was your favourite part of the day?
- Joe’s talk about courage, resilience and authenticity.
- The pyramid challenge was a fun competition, I also enjoyed the talk from the panelist on skills. Networking with employers was very useful.
- Joe Macaulay-Yeoman’s presentation.
- Being able present and get feedback from the judges.
- My favourite part of the day was networking with the employers and other students from different universities.
- Seeing the first years engaging fully in the event.
- The Pyramid Challenge.
- Talking with employers.
- Personally, my favourite part of the day was the competition, and networking with employers.
- Presenting to the judges.
- The insights from companies such as Cisco and IBM, explaining the importance of technology in their businesses.
Why would you recommend these events to other students?
- A chance to network and find out about potential employers. A chance to compete and practice presentation skills. An opportunity to put something different on your CV.
- It is a great opportunity to meet other students on the same course from different universities. Also, it is a great opportunity to network with employers and gain advice on applications, etc. It is also a good confidence building event, in terms of the competitions and challenges which involves presenting your ideas.
- It can be a good opportunity to meet other university students and employers, as well as learning how to develop different skills.
- Because it is very beneficial by helping students to learn new skills and meet employers.
- The ability to network and meet employers and other students. To compete and gain feedback from judges which you could reflect on. The potential to win in the competition! Hearing interesting talks, such as agile and interesting workshops.
- I would recommend these events to other students because it gives you the opportunity to network with other students and employers. Moreover, it gives you an insight as to what sorts of skills employers require from you and how you can use the knowledge gained from these events to set yourself apart from others.
- A chance to meet other like-minded students and network with different companies.
- Good opportunities to get to know employers and other students. Also, the competitions are fun to get involved with.
- It provides an excellent opportunity to interact with employers, and work on teamwork, and presentation skills.
- It helps students to work on their presentation skills, as well as teach them how to network.
- It’s the best chance for some networking between possible future employers and colleagues (since all the students might end up in the same positions or companies).