Tech Partnership Degrees Employer Board
As announced on 2nd February, employers have pledged their ongoing commitment to collaborating with Higher Education on industry-relevant degree and degree apprenticeships – with the formation of a new Tech Degrees Employer Board and a new not-for-profit organisation, named ‘Tech Partnership Degrees‘. The Tech Degrees Employer Board and Tech Partnership Degrees organisation will take forward all Higher Education programmes work beyond the closure of the Tech Partnership itself.
This includes the Tech Industry Gold accredited degrees (IT Management for Business (ITMB) and Software Engineering for Business), currently being undertaken by 1,500 students in 20 universities, from which 87% of last year’s graduates achieved 1sts or 2:1s. It also includes the Tech Industry Gold accredited degree apprenticeships, already being used by more than 1,250 employees from 80 companies.
As well as enabling – and growing – the collective support of employers for these programmes, Tech Partnership Degrees has committed to taking forward the Tech Partnership’s promise to work with the newly announced Institute of Coding, helping it to achieve its aims which include boosting graduate employability, developing specialist training for the digital workforce, and improving equality and diversity.
The new Board formerly takes over the strategic leadership role on 14th March, at the biggest yet Tech Industry Gold degrees employer/student event in Reading.
Tech Partnership Degrees Employer Board membership
- Air Products Shash Patel Director, Information Risk Management & Privacy
- Amazon Rishi Saha, Director of Public Policy
- Barclaycard Keith Little, CIO
- BT Mark Murphy, HR Director
- Capgemini Anouska Ramsay, Talent Director
- Cisco Tom Kneen, Corporate Affairs Lead UKI
- CGI Julia McDonald, Director of Recruitment
- DWP Jenny Liebenberg, HR Director for Digital Group
- Fujitsu Vicky Sheppard, Client Managing Director
- IBM Jenny Taylor, Graduate, Apprenticeship & Student Programme Leader
- Jaguar Land Rover Simon Bolton, CIO
- JP Morgan Derek Joyce, Managing Director
- Lloyds Banking Group Ian Bromwich, Engineering Director
- National Childbirth Trust Peter Pedersen, CTO
- Network Rail Helen Ford, Practice Manager, Manging & Developing IT Graduates
- NHS Digital Sarah Wilkinson, CEO
- Quicksilva Andy Cripps, Technical Services Director
- Telefonica UK Brendan O’Rourke, CIO
- VMware Colin Bannister, Northern EMEA Senior Director of Presales